Why Create Your Own Math Resources
I didn’t fully realize the impact creating my own math resources would make on my students. The students feel like they are seen when you create activities that relate to something they are interested in. Creating your own math resources will not only benefit the students, but you as well!
Listen in on the Solving for the Undefined podcast and hear the discussion about creating math resources with Johanna Kuiper and me!
So, why should you create your own math resources?
- Personalization: When you create your own math resources, you can tailor them to your teaching style and your students’ needs. You can include examples and problems that are relevant to your students’ interests and experiences, which can help to increase engagement and motivation.
- Flexibility: Creating your own resources gives you the flexibility to adjust and modify them as needed. You can add or remove content, change the layout, and adjust the difficulty level to meet the needs of your students.
- Cost savings: Buying pre-made math resources can be expensive. Creating your own materials can save you money in the long run, especially if you plan to use them year after year.
- Professional development: Making your own math resources can be a great way to develop your own understanding of the subject matter. As you create problems and examples, you’ll be forced to think deeply about the concepts you’re teaching, which can help you to become a better math teacher.
- Sharing with others: By creating your own math resources, you’ll have an opportunity to share them with other teachers. You could also sell them and create some passive income!
Overall, creating your own math resources can be the game-changer you need for your classroom. By personalizing your materials, you can help your students to better understand and engage with math, while also developing your own skills as a teacher.
What do learn more about creatin your own math resources? Start here with this FREE Math Graphics Training.